Friday, September 30, 2011

Refining for pure character

I have felt myself churn things over to search for the pure refined gold that I want my creations to be. I want no heaviness from too heavy a space or performing quality or number of performers even, to rob the art work of the innocence which it carries when it is allowed to be born as a new babe...I feel this so strongly- I am breaking into something new- and if any of the other elements in creating a choreographic work are over-emphasized in the beginning it will crush what wants to be birthed, the seedling's first green leaves, so tender so fragile. I carry on the streamlining and sharpening of vision and focus. Some of this reflects in choosing a black-box performing space for certain and I feel the Crown Theatre will be an excellent option as a venue. Also I am drawn to the idea of a solo in place of a duet (so I currently have a layout of a solo, a trio and a group of five). I will use the same idea as before. Now it can be explored with more room for interpretation and a figurative flavour. I'm making budget plans and getting a first layout of what a production team must look like. I'm believing in pure unadulterated glory being released. The tryout session on Thursday was fun, the dancer I worked with is majestic. She walks in beauty like the night...

No comments:

Post a Comment