Sunday, April 22, 2012

What gets you excited...

I feel like I should have written more this month, but I haven't. My apologies. life's had a little of a swirl of things apart and outside of school and choreography life...which are also a part of it though, because you can't really detach that unless you want to pretend and become like a machine or a little not human, which is the nature of some, but not my nature. Forgive the rambling sentences. I have found what I was looking for. Music. it's perfect. I need some skill to interweave this, string ideas, the 'through line' as my teacher refers to it. But the sound of the classical guitar with strings is just gorgeous, outrageously so, and I'm in love with this music, so the dance hopefully will benefit from this heart-felt enthusiasm. It's a crazy dance. Joy and smiles. I will explain. This solo is so unlike anything I've created before, and I have to keep a high level of integrity to this art way so to speak, the things I see hanging in the air that I want to craft and pull together, it's delightful but certainly not easy...it requires much finesse and patience, and I love to do things well...I'm growing in all of this and research in composition helps me infinitely...but there is still much that must be left to the artist as an individual to shape and mold...I keep seeing paper mache...it's sort of messy, but it can be created into beautiful things... Let this dance be a beautiful thing....can't wait to get to the studio!

No comments:

Post a Comment