Monday, May 23, 2011

In the beginning...

Creating dance that both in process and performance has meaning and value is the heart of my choreography. Art with relevance to society, culture and transformation captivates me.

As I launch on my graduate production, I write to document this wonderful adventure and journey, interweaving realms of skill, artistry and technique I've studied at Taipei National University of the Arts(Taiwan) with the kingdom creativity, prophetic and healing models of Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry (USA) in the background of growing up in Calcutta (India) and working on different levels of community dance and choreographic assignments, I feel an excitement stir inside of me as this project unravels.

The blog will include a rehearsal layout & concept writings,ideas, inspiration, creative inputs/documents, photographic and video footage, and a choreographer's spill-over thoughts. I invite your feedback and would love to hear more from you. I will do my best to update periodically and answer any queries you have. Do post your encouragement and notes, they are greatly valued and appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment