Thursday, December 29, 2011

Just a little Magic



Photograph by: Marie


We celebrated a birthday in the studio yesterday. I though it was wonderful that my dancer would rehearse till so late on her birthday, and so I knew celebrations were definitely in order. We had a time of showing and discussion today. It didn't go quite according to plan but our studio environment was a relaxed atmosphere of gaining ground. It was amazing to have time with my adviser, and he helped bring new insights and understanding to my dancers about performance quality as well as chisel on my choreographic edge. It was good to get past the initial waves of nervousness before an audience as this was the group's first live performance. Given the limited rehearsal time I need to now tighten my own core ideas to define with only the most imporatnt scenes I want to create and say. This is not a movie though I wish sometimes it was. Smiles, more adventures in another season.

No comments:

Post a Comment