Saturday, June 30, 2012

In India...New Perspectives


Photography: Vanessa Mirza

Calcutta is such a different city to all the places I have been in the past year. She is special. In great need, but special. I've been here for a week now processing choreographic decisions for the trio while spending quality time with family. India is such an experience after being away for so long, it completely shifts thinking and perspective. I'm keen to see how contemporary dance develops in this city. I had quite random beginnings here...it's always good to know your roots...'never forget where your coming from'. But from there you grow. My family doesn't fully understand why a dance project requires so much time and work, but they support me. Love is so powerful in making dreams come true. I'm back to studio in a few weeks and even before that attending the Daci-WDA conference in Taipei mid-July. It will be a busy swirl of events. I look forward to happy connections and good performances.

No comments:

Post a Comment