Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Breathe...

The Last Few Days...The exam showing is in three days...the choreography is mostly in place after a tiring weekend of finishing things...when I think over what the last two months demanded for us to reach this far, I think it's crazy...a crazy amount of work in very difficult circumstances. I handed in my production book yesterday to my exam committee...that was such a complex assignment, because I had to document the creative process through about two years of work and with many twists and turns, but present it, as briefly and concisely as possible.

I think it's so hard as a choreographer, because something you value and prize so highly can be treated by others with so little value and care. So yes it's a challenge to find the right people to work with who have what you need on an artistic, professional and relational level to accomplish what needs to be done. High standards need hard work, dedication and commitment. Someone once told me, don't pursue dance because of the money, because that won't be a driving force for you, pursue dance because of your love and passion for it, it has got to be something deeper. Perhaps love and passion for something is expressed in different ways. But when it's there you see it, you see it burning inside. I think if you are lukewarm, you don't, you can't last very long. Through stormy times,can you still burn bright...this is one journey...and after this there is more to come. I've had an endless list of things to do, but today I have a day of rest. To breathe. My adviser Ming, would tell me to do this when things got crazy, 'just breathe'...so I 'breathe'...it's beautiful for your spirit, body and mind...and what will be, will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment