Sunday, January 20, 2013

On the road...

Winter Break. Things are moving slower now...even if I sometimes don't want to stop, I know that rest is needed to give you the strength to carry on. At the showing there were many different changes recommended and one of those was to add percussion to my music score for the group piece. I was able to connect with some new artists who join this project and could potentially perform live for the final concert. With the other dances the changes are with increasing the depth of the work mostly concerned with coaching the dancers and working on the 'dynamic engine' for each piece. Crafting and staging are also areas I can give more attention. Time is of the essence and with limited rehearsals it becomes a real challenge to accomplish everything that needs to be done. I have to be very practical and realistic about what's going to be possible for my dancers to handle, and leave overly ambitious things for another time. We grow from small things to big so I'm fine with a production on a smaller scale but done well. Yes that is my goal, go the farthest we can possibly go, but stay on the road and in the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment