Saturday, March 3, 2012

More of a blog now...

Writing to peruse. Writing to clarify. This blog will feel more like a blog now that I have time to update more often and I need a platform to process. My choreography goals have deepened so much more than when I first started...the time and effort it will take to complete this, really shifts the focus from doing a graduate concert to actually expressing myself as an artist and choreographer, being me, in the new transformed way I want to create dances. I continue in this project because of love and passion for what I do, and an eagerness to learn...if it was about the degree I would have probably approached things quite differently. So walking with me, you get to see more of reality and less of the facade that a promotion blog holds...you get to dig your fingers in with me, as I carve and choose and make art shaped from visceral realities. What if dancers were thinking for themselves, where giving abstraction could powerfully connect to inner beings realeasing in outward expression, not from a percieved consciousness but from hidden awareness, a potential still yet so deep it is unreached, untapped...I am certain it exists and I am certain it can be released powerfully...I just don't want to do things in the known and conventional way, though I respect and value what exists...it is something of the natural rawness and wildness that excites me...but I need to find the key. Discovery beckons me.

No comments:

Post a Comment