Friday, March 23, 2012

Mysteries

I'm getting deeper into it...I love watching and learning, doing and being...it is a great experience. I think I wouldn't trade the opportunity I currently have for anything in the world. I had a definitive sense of conviction that I am in the right place at the right time. It was a powerful moment in class last week, when my teacher was demonstrationg something to his sophomore students and it was like a light-revelation( I'm coining that term, because that's what I saw and that's what it felt like.) It made me realize how much more is available to me and how much more I can have access to as a choreographer and artist if I seek the deeper treasures of this great big ocean. I am in wonderment and awe as I journey onward.
Research is progressing well and I find 'walking into walls' happens to everyone. But it's in the increasing ease of finding the doors and knowing the right keys to unlock them that brilliance is revealed. I look forward to witnessing more of this next week. I just had the thought, I feel like I need to expand my descriptive vocabulary in academic work...fun...I am happy to grow. The solo dance broke into something very neat on our last day. Neat because it was wild. We ran out of music to what was choreographed and so I started singing spontaneously(in the way my free spirit does) and the dancer continued from that breath in his spirit. This gave me abundant joy to watch and capture on video. The dance has definitely taken flight into a new direction. We have our second showing next week with Ming and I'm keen to see his response to our delightful discoveries. He will push us into the something better no doubt, it is his favourable ability to accomplish this to advantage. I am a happy advisee. I might also add a technique class to my schedule this semester. Smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment