Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Palace of Dreams

Moving forward...The short space of time to breathe and think is great. It helps me get an overall perspective of the destination and goals of this project. Somehow it is much more than completing a degree. The project has gained a value and purpose in itself and this production will carry the weight of many hours of research, deep thinking,improvising, constructing,deconstructing,re-structuring and much more. I have gained tremendously in my learning through this process not just by creating works of art, but through the wide interaction of people I have partnered with to make this happen. And the roots of this work go even deeper, many years ago to the time when I first was accepted as a student at TNUA. It's been a long journey across continents and time zones,cultures and traditions,principles and beliefs, learning and growing, living and being. It wasn't always easy, but it was always purposeful. And my life is forever changed. I love walking through the doors of impossibility and making a way...it will be an inheritance for those who come after me. It's important to know we do not live life for ourselves, but how we choose to live today will be the history that shapes lives for generations after. Let's leave behind a beautiful palace for the fulfillment of dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment